Have you heard about Google analytics from your business partners, your friends? Are they talking that they are able to track their website visitors now? Do you want to add Google analytics for your website as well and be a part of this debate?
We are here shining out steps to follow for adding the Google Analytics to your business website.
Google Analytics is a powerful analytics tool provided by the Google, helps you to analyze the traffic of your website. With the help of the Google Analytics, you are able to track the behavior of your users landed on your web-pages & bunch of other metrics which can help you to enhance/orient your website for better results.
To Add Google Analytics to your website, you first need to create or sign-in to your Google Analytics account:
- Visit https://analytics.google.com/
- Click Sign In >> Analytics
- Sign in to your account, enter the email address and password associated with the Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, create a new one.
After login, You will see the below window. Now You need to Sign-up your Google Analytics Account.
It’s time to get the Analytics Tracking Id. All you need is to fill-up the required details.
As you can see the first line of the page, saying
What would you like to track?. By default, the website option is selected. So, if you want to track the Mobile App, then you will have to choose the Mobile App option for the same.
Add your website to Google Analytics
Now start filling up the details –
- Give a name to your Google Analytics account.
- Write the website name in the Website Name text box. Like if you are having www.example.com, then you can write the Example as your Website Name.
- As the name suggests, you will have to place your website URL in the Website URL text box. Be careful to choose the appropriate HTTP or HTTPs versions your website is having.
- Next, you have to choose the Industry Category that best represents your organization.
- Select the timezone of your current country. The Google Analytics will report you according to this timezone.
- Click the Get Tracking Id button to get the tracking code for your website.
Now, to use Google Analytics you will have to first accept the terms of service agreement for your country/region of residence. So Click on I Accept Button.
After Accepting the Terms & Conditions, you will get your tracking code for your website like as below –
Google Analytics provide different ways to implement your tracking id for the website. If you are using the CMS platform like WordPress, Magento, PrestaShop then you just need to use the Tracking Id UA-XXXXXXXX-1 to their respective tracking panel.
Or, you can also use this Global Site Tag (gtag.js) tracking code. All you need to just copy and paste the code into the head tag of every webpage that you want to track. And, DONE..!
Verify your tracking code is working or not.
You should check that your Google Analytics tracking code has properly placed to the desired area. Now, we also recommend you to also check that the Google Analytics has started tracking your website or not.
To verify that the tracking code is working, visit the Real-Time reports in Google Analytics.
Steps to verify that the tracking code is working –
- Go to Reporting >> Click Real-Time Icon from the Left Navigation Panel of Google Analytics Window.
- Click Overview to check that your website tracking code is working or not. If the Right Now is showing as 1 then all is Good, otherwise, you should recheck all the above steps one by one.